Monday 4 July 2016

Jeff Brown's debut at the Wooden Boat Show

Gosh, I almost forgot to post these.  Last weekend was great--perfect weather, big crowds at the Seaport, and Jeff moved to his rightful place beside the Emma C. Berry for all to admire.

Jake the caulking god just happened to be rowing by in a "crimping" boat with his mom, invited me to hop on and take some up-close photos (which is how I got the one above).

Then we went on a little tour andI took some more from different angles
Jeff and Emma had many admirers, although I have to admit that the amount of gleaming varnish, perfectly-faired hulls and blinding brass on the other boats there drew some of the attention away . . . but they were mere flashes in the pan compared with these two dignified smacks.  Unfortunately Winsome was not able to attend, but she's now in the water so we'll see her zipping around the Sound shortly.
When will the sails go on, you ask?
Je ne sais pas, but I'm hoping soon.

Happy 4th of July to all the boats in the harbor!

2 comments:

  1. I was right there for much of the construction of jeff brown. I was 10 and in heaven in Capt. Jack's yard there. I'd love to sail it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from an old fan of both Jeff Brown and Jack! Hopefully the Historical Society will be applying for grants next year to do some major repairs to get JB back in the water so everyone will have a chance to sail. We're also going to start a capital campaign, so feel free to be the FIRST person to donate!! noankhistoricaalsociety.org

    ReplyDelete