Sunday 5 June 2016

And the boat-lettering winner is . . .



 . . . for the second season in a row, Do It Yourself Lettering.

After Sloane could no longer hand letter the stern (hip replacement--ouch!), I had to find some appropriate, stately, old-fashioned-looking, and really cheap letters that would do the job.

All the other companies had stupid-looking fonts, or were wildly expensive. (Wildly for me, anyway.)

The nice people at Do It Yourself have a great selection, really reasonable prices, and very patient customer service reps (I believe I made them cry last year).  The one thing I do not like is their absolutely asinine application instructions.  The way they say to peel the backing off and slide it below the letters . . . well, its physically impossible.  I just ended up (both times, even after 30 minutes of phone assistance the first time) just peeling the thing off like a bumper sticker and placing it (hopefully) carefully in my pre-marked spot.

Before . . . 
And After . . . 


Not bad, right?  This cost $30, including shipping.  And a dignified old font.
Not something like 
 
We are more genteel than that . . .  

Paul still hates the serif font but I think it'd be too dull without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment